Our "polar vortex" of a winter negatively impacted economic activity, keeping people out of stores and off car lots.
An inside look at Baird Gives Back Week.
Baird ranks No. 9 in 2014.
Why economic outlooks shouldn't have the last word.
Wealth management for your generation and the next.
New TV ads convey Baird's intergenerational focus.
More than half of Baird employees own stock in our firm.
Let us know how you like our new look, our content and what you’d like to see us do in the future.
2013 was a tumultuous and weak year for bonds. To see if 2014 might bring more of the same, Digest recently interviewed Baird fixed income experts Craig Elder and Warren Pierson at the end of Q1.
- With your income tax return still fresh in your mind, talk with your Financial Advisor on how to structure your portfolio in a more tax-efficient manner.
- If your child is graduating high school soon, now might be a good time to look into scholarship opportunities. The College Board's site is a good place to start.
- Celebrate 529 College Savings Day by reviewing your education savings strategy.
- Deadline for IRA trustees to issue Form 5498, reporting contributions and rollovers to IRAs for 2013. Watch for these forms to arrive in the mail around this date.
- At the midpoint of the year, prepare a projection of your 2014 tax liability to ensure you're on pace to avoid any tax underpayment penalties.
- The last day to file Form 5500, an informational return filed by employers to provide the Deparment of Labor with compliance, research and disclosure information on retirement plans.
- 401(k) Day happens at the start of the fall because it's a good time to check the status of your retirement plans, whether they're employee-sponsored or not.
- Third-quarter 2014 estimated tax payments are due.
- If necessary, change your projected 2014 tax liability withholding to avoid underpayment penalty.