How Baird is investing in ways to serve clients even better.
Wealth management is about more than investing, which is why this year's outlook combines the perspectives of Investment Strategist Willie Delwiche and Director of Advanced Planning Tim Steffen to highlight the market trends and financial planning topics that will be important in 2018.
JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31
- General enrollment period for Medicare for those who missed their initial enrollment period.
- Fourth-quarter federal estimated tax payments for 2017 are due.
- The first wave of 1099s will be issued by Baird for accounts holding individual equities, bonds or mutual funds whose final tax information has been provided.
- The second wave of 1099s will be issued by Baird for accounts holding mutual funds, ETFs and REITs whose final tax information was provided after the previous update.
- The final wave of 1099s will be issued by Baird for the remaining accounts holding mutual funds, as well as for any accounts holding REMICs or WHMTs.
- Deadline for those who turned 70½ during 2017 to take their required minimum distribution from their retirement plans. Future distributions must be taken by December 31 of the year for which they apply. (This is a Sunday, so be sure to plan ahead.)
- With April 15 being a Sunday and Washington, D.C., recognizing Emancipation Day on April 16, tax returns are due on April 17. You may also file an application for an automatic six-month extension.
- First-quarter federal estimated tax payments are due.
- Contributions to IRAs, Roth IRAs and Coverdell Education Savings Accounts for 2017 are due.
For the latest information about your tax statements and important deadlines, visit rwbaird.com/taxes.
Advice for women or others preparing to re-enter the workforce.
Our Talking About Your Generation series explains the potential benefits of using debt wisely.
Unique benefits that can help those impacted by 2017's hurricanes or other disasters.